Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why so much lack of interest?!

Obviously I love learning new technology and I especially love sharing what I learn with other people, but at my school I feel like even the young teachers are so against it! I don't understand why so many teachers feel that incorporating technology is "hard" or will take to much time. I feel like screaming to them sometimes, "I can help!" I mean I have done the hard part by learning all these methods through graduate classes, so it would be easy to quickly show teachers what to do, but they are just not interested!
So my frustration and question to everyone, besides the obvious that my lessons will be much better using the technology I learn, what is the point of all these wonderful applications if no one will use them!?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe our discussion regarding the resistance to technology will help or at least shed some light. I am very lucky to work with many teachers that love technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it help if they knew they could integrate technology into existing lessons instead of creating all new ones? Sometimes those who are resistant think that they have to re-create all of their lessons to include technology but that's not always the case. Maybe if they could be encouraged to pick one lesson and find a way to re-work it to include some form of technology they would find it's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about them not wanting you to teach them as a co- teacher. Honestly I think its a pride thing! I don't think they want you to think that you know more then them. I have some teachers like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great idea Denise! I could "trick" them into doing it and then maybe they will see the benefits and want to continue!

    ReplyDelete