Now that the semester is coming to a close and I feel more comfortable with the communication tools we have experimented with and discussed, I just wanted to share my thoughts.
Facebook: I am still not convinced this is a good tool for education. While fun and informative, I think that this medium gives teachers and student way TOO much information.
Twitter: While I am not a fan of twitter for personal use, it is a great way to send mass information to parents if all parents have access.
Blog: Potential very useful. Students could ask their peers questions, discuss content, and get quick answers from their teacher. Needs to be monitored very closely by the teacher and students need to be aware of the boundaries.
Wiki: Great tool for student collaboration. A quick and easy way for students to participate and for teachers to assess knowledge. Also can be stored online instead of a paper project/report that would get thrown away.
Websites/CMS: My favorite tool because I think most of the above mentioned tools can be accomplished using a school website or a CMS. Students, parents, and teachers can blog, they can get quick information, they can use a wiki for collaboration, and much more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment