Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feeling better about things :)

I am almost through working on my WebQuest. I am doing a quest as part of my instructional website on the American Revolution. My webquest will be an introduction to to this unit by taking a look at the reasons that Europeans came to the "New World" in the first place. I love this time in history! I also really like teaching it! The activities you can come up with are powerful to students because it is so easy to make everything relevant!

7 comments:

  1. Jamie, I'm jealous of and impressed by your progress! I am still struggling. What software did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Dreamweaver. It is a bit complicated and i refer to the book all the time, but it is pretty neat. Do you have a web account through kent? folioweb and/or personal? If you do, you could just create a word doc and ftp it? Let me know if you need help.
    PS thanks for being my first comment, I didn't know if I was going to get any :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased Dreamweaver and found out how complicated it was so Im going to be using Frontpage for my web design project. I am very interested in learning Dreamweaver. It looks like a really cool program. I'll prpbably take the workshop. Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rochelle! Purchase the classroom in a book published by dreamweaver and it will walk you through everything! It was really helpful for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my link to the WebQuest. Would anyone be willing to take a look and see what you think? Thanks!
    http://www.folioweb.org/daltonj/internetapps/newworld.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow very impressive! All your links work. How did you make your worksheets? Did you have trouble attaching the links? Also what did you use to make a the web quest? because I just used powerpoint because I dont know how to do this! Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used dreamweaver for the whole thing, but the charts. All the links I just copied and pasted. For the charts I just used Word and hyper linked them. Using powerpoint will work too! Just go to the insert menu >> hyperlink >> type in the url. If you have docs you want to include, just put those docs onto the web first and use that url in this box. Then upload the whole thing onto the web. Hope this helps! let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete